My family

My family

Friday, September 17, 2010

Grandparents Day...a week late! :-)

First of all, why did no one tell me how hard it is to keep up with a blog!  There have been so many nights I'm sitting down and I think "Oh, I need to update the blog."  But the effort it takes to log on, write a post and attach the pictures seems too much....so I procrastinate "just one more day".  :-)  It's been two weeks...oh, well!  i'll try to get better!

Obviously, last Sunday was Grandparents Day and while I'm late posting these pictures, I am proud of the fact that I actually remembered and the kids called all the grandparents on the actual day.....we were not late!  Enjoy that, grandparents....it might not happen again! :-)

So on Sunday afternoon we told the kids what the occasion was and I asked Bella to draw pictures of her and her grandparents.  This is what she drew...

This is Papaw and Nana Linz and Bella.  She said they were going to the store in this picture.  Fancy duds to go shopping in! :-)   Note the "puffy" sleeves she gave herself and Nana!  Too cute! 



 This is Bella and her Lolli and Pop!  Can I just tell you how happy it made my heart that when she imagines her grandparents she still imagines my dad being here!  She told me this was a picture of when Lolli and Pop took her to the aquarium (i.e. the fish in the blue box) and that Pop was holding her up to see something.  This was so precious to me because for those of you that don't know my dad passed away last summer after a 2 1/2 yr battle with cancer.  So I always wondered if she remembered any of my dad's "good days" .....and even though I don't think they ever actually took her to the aquarium, I love that in her mind he did!  (and I LOVE that she drew him with hair, b/c he didn't have hair that often in the last yr or so)  She also said she made her Lolli's dress different colors because she said she "always wears bright shirts and dresses".  ????  Not sure about that, but my mom is pretty cool so I think that's a compliment!!!

Our kids have been so blessed to have such amazing grandparents in their lives.  They are all such wonderful, Godly role models! 

Now, if I had been REALLY on my game I would've thought to have the kids call all the GREAT grandparents too that day, but the kids don't have very long attention spans so we'll have to break it up some.  :-)  My kids are so lucky, though, because they still have 7 Great Grandparents also!  We love them so much, too and enjoy all the time we get to spend with them!

So, to all the grandparents....hope your day was happy!  Thanks for loving us soooo much!  You are a gift from God!!


No comments:

Post a Comment