My family

My family

Monday, August 23, 2010

Kindergarten....we have arrived!

Today is the day.  Dan and I just got back from taking our sweet Isabella to her first day of kindergarten.  I can't even explain how hard it was for me to walk out of that classroom or how it's taking everything in my being to keep me from running up there to "check on her"!  I know, I know....she's fine and she certainly proved that today!  She woke up and was so excited she was talking in her squeaky high pitched voice all while getting ready!  She enjoyed blueberry muffins, banana and Orange juice for breakfast.  I had everything laid out the night before and only had to make her sandwich and pack it and a note in her lunchbox!  My dad packed our lunches most of the time while we were growing up b/c my mom was always getting ready for school like we were.  All the way from kindergarten to my senior year of high school I got notes in my lunches. When my dad traveled out of town, my mom would make sure we had them!  I thought I would continue that tradition....it made me smile remembering my dad when I packed her first one today. 

                                           Here she is with her brothers!




                                    She loves her new backpack with attached lunchbox!


We parked at the park next to the school and walked over together.
                             These boys are already missing their sister!


                         She was so distracted looking at all the other kids walking in! (And, yes, that temp is right....it was 82 degrees before 8 am today!)  So after we took some more pictures, we headed in the door.  I was doing pretty good at this point and thought this is going to be a breeze!  We saw her computer teacher and her principal and she was excited that she remembered them!  We walk into the room and she says LOUDLY, "Good morning, Mrs. XXXXX!!"   Girl could've cared less that everyone in the room looked startled because they were all so quiet. :-)  Her teacher hugged her and she sat down and started making friends. 

                  
So then came the moment I had been thinking might not be so hard, but alas, I was WRONG...leaving was tough.  I hugged her goodbye and told her to be kind and have fun (Mom, you'll be proud of me...not one tear in front of her :-)  But as I turned to walk away I had to pull the sunglasses down and walked all the way thru the building wearing them.  I was proud I waited until I got home until the "ugly cry" began...so at least no one had to see me this way! :-)   Now, I'm pulling myself together...going to play with my 2 sweet boys I have with me for another 2 years (thank God) and go work in my Mother's Day Out classroom. Life is changing.....guess we'll keep changing with it!

                                        Then there were two......

6 comments:

  1. Angela,
    I am so excited for Bella. Her classmates and teachers will be blessed by her love and joy.
    Thank you for sharing the moments.
    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is your house a little more quiet without Bella there? I am sure you are missing her. She is going to excel at kindergarten and have fun stories to share with you. You have done a great job preparing her for kindergarten and she is blessed to have you and Dan as her parents. And the note in the lunchbox? Brought tears to my eyes, so glad you are including a memory of your dad everyday in her lunch box. Hugs and love from TN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog has made me cry! I cried every first day of school all the way through college with my 3 kids. They grow up so fast. Enjoy these moments. So glad to see you making memories and passing on such a wonderful Godly heritage to your kids. The notes in the lunch box is great. So proud of you and Dan. Love and Prayers are with you during this new season of life. Kathy P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved all the posts...I will officially add it to my blog roll!

    ReplyDelete
  5. and I am on Chris' computer so csusi, is actually Leah! Love You!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Angela! I love your blog and I love this post! It made me cry thinking about the day when this comes for me! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete