My family

My family

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

I LOVE Christmas!  I love the lights, the decorations, the Christmas programs, the constant Christmas songs on the radio, the shopping crowds, family dinners....I love it all!  I always have, but somehow I love it even more now that my kids have gotten old enough to understand it and I can see and experience it all thru their eyes.  There's nothing like it!  We got our tree out and decorated it the day after Thanksgiving and they could actually put ornaments on it this year by themselves.....although I had to "redecorate" some when they weren't looking.  I mean, I can't have 14 candy cane ornaments on the same branch, can I?!?! :-)





It turned out pretty good, although I missed my mom being able to come over and put the ribbon on for me....I'm not nearly as good at decorating as she is......but it seemed a bit extreme to fly her here to put on ribbon! ;-)  

The boys were in a Christmas program at there school and did such a great job!  They sang and did the motions and weren't super shy at all!  Although I think it helped that we bribed them with M&M's! :-)



          After their program!!!  So proud of my boys!

We got to take the kids to Merry Main Street for the first time!  This is an annual event in Frisco and they have Santa and reindeer and carolers from Singing groups and area schools singing, vendors selling products, delicious food, beautiful Christmas lights , an arts and crafts tent for kids and fire trucks, police cars, etc....for the kids to enjoy!  We went with Aubrey and Jen and their boys and ran into a bunch of other friends from church while we were there!

  Here are the boys on an antique fire truck! (I have no idea who the other kid is! :-)



                     Bella and Grady


       Us and the McGowan Family!


     Seeing the reindeer!!


          We ran into the Lunsford girls, too!  Always fun!


         They had an ice skating rink that had been built for this event and the kids stood and watched the ice skaters forever!  There was a large crowd so the boys had to be up high to be able to see....thank goodness Mark likes our kids enough to stand in the freezing cold holding one of them for us!  My mommy shoulders couldn't have done that! :-)


We also took the kids to a student performance of The Grinch on Ice at the Dr. Pepper arena!  They loved getting to see the costumes and watch the skaters!

                           One of Bella's best buddies, Melia, got to go with us!




                   Bella and Melia!                      

                                     Will, Carter and Bella
                                      I feel like they look so grown up in this picture!!






    Unfortunately, we had so much fun going on in December.....I never got around to sending out Christmas cards! :(     I'm so bad at that, but next year is the year it will happen.....definitely next year!! :-)  

No comments:

Post a Comment